Semi crunchy, breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, first time momma







Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oh Baby! BreastFeeding and more....

LO is 3 weeks old now and cuter than ever! The first week home was the roughest week of my life! Talk about baby blues!!!!!!!  That was something I definitely didn't expect to feel but man is it real.  My husband was so great, helped out soooo much.  By the second week I felt a little better and this week I am definitely  a new person.  I can't say I'm my "old self" because I am definitely a changed person for sure.  I also chose to exclusively BF which has been a major challenge.  Until your doing it you don't realize how hard it is.  It consumes all of your time.  My day is planned around LO's eating schedule LOL.  The first few days were so hard.  LO was trying to latch and getting frustrated, and I was trying to latch him and getting frustrated.  The middle of the night really wore me down.  LO would just cry and shake his head like he was telling me NO, and I was so stressed out all I could do was cry because I was tired and just wanted him to go to sleep.  I wish someone had told me how difficult BF'ing would be.  It's only been 3 weeks but now I feel like its a breeze.  We still have our moments and going out is definitely not as fun, but that's our life now.  Sometimes I think it would just be so easy to give up and use formula so I could share the night feedings with my husband and share the feedings with anyone in general!  But when my sweet son is nursing and looking up and into my eyes I melt and it all feels worth it.  It's a bond you can't explain.  BF'ing is definitely challenging but the bonding you get is so rewarding.  We are starting to get on a pretty decent night schedule, but the days are still pretty much made up as we go along.  I'll be returning to work on tuesday, only 4 days left!  I am sad and wish I had more time, but then I'm also a little glad to get back to some normalcy.  I am curious to see how hard its going to be to stay awake at work too........until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your post on BabyCenter and I, too have learned very quickly that people are very opinionated about BF vs. FF! It's a struggle for every mom and, I agree with you, whatever a momma decides to do, she should be supported because it's a tough decision either way!! I also posted about my breastfeeding woes on my blog! www.thehousewiferookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete