Semi crunchy, breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, first time momma







Sunday, August 15, 2010

He's Here!

So this is where it ALL begins, LOL.  I must say after 9 months of excitement and anticipation Labor is a VERY surreal experience.  After passing our due date we opted for an induction which went extremely well.  Once the contractions started I no longer had the burning curiosity that had been eating away at me for 9 months, to know what they felt like.  I did my best to go au naturel, but after 20 hours of intense pain I gave in and got an EPI.  There is a GOD! LOL.  36 hours after being admitted and just 7 minutes past the 24 hour mark since my water broke, I vaginally delivered (no episiotemy, YAY) a healthy 8lb 14oz baby boy.  I expected him to come out crying and screaming but he was surprisingly calm, just looking around at everbody with his little pirate eye (which he still does.  One eye wide open, one eye shut tight).  It looks as if I will have to share the roller coaster experience of our first 2 weeks home at a later date.  Little one is up from his nap and ready to nurse!

No comments:

Post a Comment